- If you're of a certain age, this CD is an invitation to time-travel back to the 1960s. Not the '60s of war protest.
- Forget that they invented the rock opera and could drop from full-bore arena band to acoustic grace.
The Dionne Warwick Collection
- How can you tell if you're young?
Well, when you think of Dionne Warwick, do you think of those infomercials for the Psychic Friends Network?
Is the l
21st Century Breakdown, Green Day
- Consumer Warning: This is not a site that deals with politics; I struggle with that sometimes, but I generally manage to take no positions or even ref
A Date with John Waters
- A Date with John Waters
Those who have heeded my advice and added A John Waters Christmas to their holiday music co
A John Waters Christmas
- Do you know John Waters? Of course you do --- he's the film director from Baltimore. The one with the sinister moustache.
A Love Supreme, John Coltrane
- On December 9, 1964 --- as I write, forty years ago to the day --- tenor saxophonist John Coltrane gathered his band in a darkened studio in New Jer
How's this for a Cinderella story?
The boy never knew his father.
- “Television,” a wise man said, “is not to watch, it’s to appear on.”
My sentiments, exactly.
Aftermath, The Rolling Stones
- The "world's greatest rock band" has been a parody of itself for so long that even those of us who were around when they earned the tit
- I think it all the time: Where is the successor to Otis Redding? Janis Joplin? Mavis Staples?
Alabama Shakes (Take 2)
- You’d like to know which of the new hot books you should read, or if the top-grossing new movie is worth it, or what the cool kids are listening
Ali Farka Toure
- March 7, 2006 - Ali Farka Toure died in his sleep last night.
- I usually make fun of Valentine’s Day. It’s too depressing to do anything else. All those couples jammed into restaurants.
- Alison Krauss
My parents lived in Nashville for 25 years, and so, when my father died, my mother asked the musician she knew