Prokofiev: Alexander Nevsky
- Alexander Nevsky
directed by Sergei Eisenstein
music by Serge Prokofiev
The greatest score in all of film --- so good that it inspired John Willia
Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 4
- The New York Philharmonic was giving a concert in Central Park, and because the child and I have taken to strolling in the park in the evening, I thou
The Opera Album
- A man I know --- rich, powerful, you know his name --- fell in love with a woman of almost equal accomplishment. His passion was opera.
Tous les Matins du Monde
- It is 1660, and we are at the home of Sainte-Colombe, probably the greatest French musician and composer for strings of the 17th century.
Trumpet Concertos, Maurice Andre
A great trumpet solo cuts sharper than a laser.
Maybe it's something about a high note, exper
Forget the killer good looks, the corny song selection on his debut CD and “the next Bocelli” mar
Vivaldi: Bassoon Concertos
- “The bassoon is widely regarded as the buffoon of the wind family.” So says “The Musical Companion,” a reference book of uncom
Vivaldi: Sacred Music
- It was my great fortune, in the years when I thought I had a future in music, to attend a school with a great orchestra and chorus.
Kapell plays Scarlatti
William Kapell is the greatest American pianist you've never heard of.