So Much Pretty, Cara Hoffman
- “So Much Pretty,” a first novel by Cara Hoffman, is ugly stuff.
And it reads ugly.
No other way to say it: “So Much Pr
Stuff Happens, David Hare
- The play opened in London, where it caused a stir. Now it's running in New York, where lots of people I know immediately rushed to see it.
T. C. (Coraghessan) Boyle
- Guest Butler Ann Connery Frantz won the Dr. Neila Seshachari Award in 2010 for best fiction for her short story, Samaritan.
Testimony, Anita Shreve
- A million years ago, I wrote a piece for the New York Times Magazine about a murder at Yale.
The Manny, Holly Peterson
- It's easy to hate Holly Peterson. She was born rich --- her father, a lord of the Blackstone Group, is said to be worth $1.9 billion.
The Ask, Sam Lipsyte
- If a novel is 296 pages and 200 pages of it produce more laughs per page than anything you’ve read since Shining City and it costs $16.50 o
The Chocolate War, Robert Cormier
- What do we do about banned books?
Why, we read them right away, don't we?
That is, if we are Good Citizens and Concerned Readers.
The Driver's Seat, Muriel Spark
- There is no writer more despicable than the reviewer who spoils a book by revealing significant plot points.
But what do you call a novelist who begin