- It says a great deal about Stanley Kunitz that he was 95 when he was named Poet Laureate for the second time.
- Constantine Petrou Cavafy (1863-1933) may be one of the greatest poets of the last century, but he's mostly known for one poem.
- "Poetry is respected only in this country,” said Russian poet Osip Mandelstam.
- How pathetic is this? I was the kid who liked poetry in school and memorized poems that weren't even assigned. I have a large poetry collection.
- She was a Rothschild --- just not a Rothschild with any link to the rich Rothschilds.
Her mother died a month before her fifth birthday, her stepmothe
Kabir: Ecstatic Poems
Did you know there were stand-up comedians in India in the 1400s?
Me neither --- until I read Kabir.
Alas, technology did not exist to immortalize hi
- Poetry Month. About time. There’s never enough poetry in our lives.
- Her father is dying, and her plane's been cancelled, but there's another, leaving in just a few minutes, not in this terminal, but it will get her t
Sharon Olds: Stag's Leap
- I like to say that writing is the hardest thing I know to do --- and if I found anything harder, I would leave writing and do that.
For some time now