A Round-Heeled Woman, Jane Juska
- You may not know her name, but you have probably heard of Jane Juska, the 66-year-old retired teacher from California who placed the following ad in
A Sense of the World, Jason Roberts
- James Holman was a 21-year-old British sailor with the bad luck to be the man on deck as his ship was buffeted by a winter storm off Nova Scotia.
A Widow's Story, Joyce Carol Oates
- Guest Blogger Elizabeth Benedict is the author of five novels, including the bestseller Almost, and editor of the anthology, Mentors, Muses
Abide With Me, Sabin Willett
- Guest Butler Laura Harrington is an award-winning playwright, lyricist and librettist, and the author of Alice Bliss, a novel I love a lot.
Alan Furst: Blood of Victory
- Countries need oil for blood, steel for bone, rubber for feet. And in wartime, even more so. Think back to your American History courses.
Alan Furst: Mission to Paris
- If you have a deadline looming or even a busy week, the absolute last thing you want to do is crack open “Mission to Paris” and think you&