- Forget that they invented the rock opera and could drop from full-bore arena band to acoustic grace.
21st Century Breakdown, Green Day
- Consumer Warning: This is not a site that deals with politics; I struggle with that sometimes, but I generally manage to take no positions or even ref
A Date with John Waters
- A Date with John Waters
Those who have heeded my advice and added A John Waters Christmas to their holiday music co
A John Waters Christmas
- Do you know John Waters? Of course you do --- he's the film director from Baltimore. The one with the sinister moustache.
- “Television,” a wise man said, “is not to watch, it’s to appear on.”
My sentiments, exactly.
Aftermath, The Rolling Stones
- The "world's greatest rock band" has been a parody of itself for so long that even those of us who were around when they earned the tit
- I think it all the time: Where is the successor to Otis Redding? Janis Joplin? Mavis Staples?
Alabama Shakes (Take 2)
- You’d like to know which of the new hot books you should read, or if the top-grossing new movie is worth it, or what the cool kids are listening
- At the end of a Carnegie Hall tribute to Bruce Springsteen, the Boss strolled onstage.
Avalon, Roxy Music
- Mortally wounded, King Arthur was brought to the enchanted island of Avalon and placed on a golden bed.
Back to Bedlam, James Blunt
Back to Bedlam
James Blunt recently played the Roseland in Portland, Oregon, where several people walked out asking the s
For once, you are hearing about a monster talent before the Kool Kids.
That’s because “Break Mirrors”